Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Holocaust Museum


The holocaust museum is where you can experience the life of those who lived during the 40’s. The holocaust is the murdering of six million Jews led by Adolf Hilter and his army of Nazi’s. During this era the Nazi’s were after everyone, gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah’s witnesses, and the disabled. The museum showed how those who were prisoners had to sleep in bunks that looked like book shelves. They slept three sometimes even four people a bunk each night. They’re living condition was horrible; sometimes they starved and even caught unknown diseases. During this era no one was safe, including children. Nazi’s killed innocent children in retaliation and even to get a point across. There were pictures of kids, parents crying because a family member had to be separated from them to another state. There were plenty of photographs showing destroyed families, facial portraits, and the emotions of some of those who were neglected.  This was the era of war and no one should have lived in it, and going to this museum showed me just what it was like. This museum taught me a lot about the holocaust, some of which I didn't know. My trip to this museum made me feel more thankful for what I have rather than educational. Being that I saw the terrifying era that they lived in, I am proud to be growing up where there is now more peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment